Flexible patterning and conductor thicknesses enable high density integration for power substrates, thus signal as well as power electronics can be efficiently and cost effectively unified. Thick film processes allow for quick design changes and layout reviews.
Typical features and benefits
- In comparison to DCB substrates, thick film substrates can easily vary conductor thicknesses allowing for small pitch patterning for signal electronics for effective control and high power electronic integration
- Standard thicknesses between 30 µm - 300 µm, extended thickness up to 500 µm can be achieved when needed
- Through customised material bond layers and the nature of sinter materials, lower stress between metal-ceramic interfaces are obtained improving thermal shock capabilities
- Thick film is an additive and selective process
- No under etch problems or design limitations due to etching process
- Possible conductor tracks are copper and silver